Together with Common Threads we fight childhood obesity with hands on cooking lessons aligned with Common Core Standards and nutrition education.
World Fit for Kids
A World Fit for Kids provides professional development opportunities for the adult mentors that directly impact kid's health and fitness.
Park and Recreation
Together with Hacienda Heights Parks and Recreation, Student Success Institute, Inc. supports Summer camps, programs and classes and aid in the fight against Summer learning loss.
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power provides creative learning space by granting no-cost garden beds, soil and plants at our after-school sites.
Our partnership with America's Job Center of California provides opportunities for those seeking a career in after-school to gain job skills training and paid internships.
Alliance for a
Alliance for a Healthier Generation provides professional development, workshops, assessments and staff support so that kids in our program can be in a healthy out-of-school environment and learn how to make healthy choices.
See why Alliance for a Healthier Generation considers Student Success Institute veterans of healthy after school time. read more.
Trained by the California Department of Education, our program is only 1 of 7 TCHAS accredited multi-site programs in California.
Since 2012, our program has been 1 of 31 Healthy Behaviors Learning Centers in California.
Relay For Life
Together we fight cancer with education.
I Matter Foundation
Their generocity provides shoes, backpacks, school supplies and plenty of smiles at Annual Giveaways.
Venti Printing makes our children's designs and ideas a realization on apparel.
Target helps SSI provide a safer youth soccer program, Guiding Opportunities for All to Learn Safety and Sportsmanship (G.O.A.L.S.S.), with sports equipment, hydration stations and safety supplies. The mentors that coach our soccer program also get training in sports safety, sportsmanship, concussions, and bullying.
Thank you for your interest in working with Student Success Institute, Inc.
In order to work for the After School Program you must have:
1. A High School Diploma/GED or equivalent and at minimum 48 college units.
2. Proof of a clear Tuberculosis test.
3. A clear background check from the Department of Justice and FBI.
4. Be able to work for the 180 day school year between 2:00-6:00 pm Monday through Friday and available on early release days. If a summer program is being provided you must be available for its entirety.
5. You must be drug-free and may have to undergo random drug testing.
6. You must complete a Mandated Reporting Training.
7. Pay/Register for the Activity Supervisor Clearance Certificate.